Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan J Guzman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
DR. Guzman is fine as a clinician. Everything is electronic these day - and, in my opinion, the computer is an impediment to actually having an authentic conversation and having a doctor "hear you." While appropriate boxes may be checked for reimbursement purposes, one can't help but feel like a non-entity. The deal-breaker here, is the staff. Abrupt, rude, insensitive - automatons to the nth degree. I will not go back because of one in particular.
Dr. Guzman was one of the best Dr.'s I have ever had the blessing to see! I last saw him about 7 years ago but I still to this day, wish he was my physician. I have RSD/CRPS and drove many hours to see him on a monthly basis. I lived in Mammoth at the time. He so was worth the drive. If I called and needed help, he was always right there to talk to me, or he would call me right back if he was with another patient. If there was an issue he couldn't handle, he would always find the right Dr. to take care of the issue. My husband and I both agree there was never a better DR.!
23 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Juan J Guzman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Arizona VA Healthcare System, 3601 S 6th Ave, Tucson, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juan J Guzman in this video.
Dr. Juan J Guzman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.