Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan L Joy has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Juan L Joy has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Juan L Joy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Juan L Joy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
He seems to do as little as possible at each appointment. Ask's the same questions and has exactly the same routine at each session. I'm generally in and out within 15 minutes. I really never felt he was truly interested in my health problems. Was actually glad when they informed me by mail just days after my last appointment that my insurance would no longer be accepted. He was my doctor for over 8 years and never mentioned that was our last visit.
Because this doctor and his staff took a very lackadaisical attitude towards my plight and my wishes I missed my chance to get umbilical cord stem cell therapy via a clinical trial. After I told them that I needed tests done ASAP to be included. They didn't care, they just took their time. Because 0f this the trial had to go on without me and I sit and deteriorate instead of getting better.
I would not recommend this office to anyone, the staff sucks balls, you can never reach anyone on the phone, you leave message after message and NO ONE returns your calls. The Medical Assistants there are very poorly trained or they just hired son plain jane from the street. I ABSOLUTELY HATE HATE HATE GOING TO THAT OFFICE. I CANT SWITCH DOCTORS CAUSE I'D HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN. THE DOCTOR IS VERY KIND AND CARES FOR HIS PATIENTS. BUT THE STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED FIRED FIRED!!!!!!
36 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Juan L Joy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNeurology & Neurosurgery Associates, 50 2nd St SE, Winter Haven, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juan L Joy in this video.
Dr. Juan L Joy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winter Haven, FL.