Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan M Acosta has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Umbilical Hernia
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Esophageal Atresia
- Anal Atresia (Imperforate Anus)
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
highly recommend Dr. Acosta to make the story short as possible my baby was given little to no chances of living was a 23 week premmie weighting only 1 pound 3 days later she had NEC making her chances of living even smaller Dr. Acosta did her NEC surgery and other 4 more surgerys and did a great job now shes a 3 yeard old walking talking taking no medicines and no oxygen needed, thank God for doctors like Dr. Acosta
I have no words to describe a such well mannered , polite, experienced, professional , caring Doctor such Dr Acosta. He treats his patients as if they are his own kids. He spends a lot of time explaining my sons condition to the point that I have become an expert of the condition. Dr Acosta respects our decisions with guidance in our difficult journey. We feel that we have control of our sons medical condition and Dr Acosta guides us in a safe most appropriate way. We love Dr Acosta and trust our sons life in his hands.
Worst doctor I have ever been to. The staff here has no idea what they are doing. They have charged me copays that I shouldn't be paying without even checking my coverage for the services I'm here for. And the waiting time is ridiculous! I am definitely changing my doctor and advising everyone to stay away.
Dr. Acosta is a very sweet doctor. However my personal experiance has been that everytime I try to get my daughter in to see him, his front office staff is rude. They are not compasionate about my situation. I have attempted several times to get my daughter in there and I either get told, Dr.Acosta is just a surgeon, he has nothing else to do with my daughter, or he is on vacation. Worst experiance ever with this office staff. Finally when I get an appointment, they make us wait almost an hour. Not a satified patient.
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Dr. Juan M Acosta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juan M Acosta in this video.
Dr. Juan M Acosta is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.