Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan Z Montes has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 16
Lets talk waiting time. I asked for Dr Montes first morning appt. They gave me a 830 I arrived at 815... I wasnt called back until 945 and he came into the office at 1030. .. He had just arrived. Listens, but when you express concern, he dismisses your concerns. The girls in the office act as if they are doing you a favor when answering your questions. Referrals , because they forget to do them, one referral took me 5 months to get, and thats me calling them everyday. The office personnel is far by the worst .. Dr Montes, is too difficult to get an appt with. Because he does spend time with his patients he averages about 1/2 with each.. HOWEVEr if you are arriving 2 hours late every morning, your wait time is easily 3 hours. I need a new dr....Office and Dr are the worst , that and doesnt returns calls.
Worst pediatrition ever !! And not to mention the staff!! First off the first day I met him he was so rushed to get in and out of my new borns first doctor appointment when I asked him about my baby's umbilical cord which I was concerned about he touche it without wearing any gloves or even at least sanitizing his hands !(my heart dropped when he did that knowing there might be so many germs on his hands.. I was too emberassed to say anything which i regret...)thats when I knew I had to change my sons pediatrician .I was so busy with school that I didn't make time to change his pedi. When I went in for his shots the second month I was 20 min late (because of school I am in a quarter system where you can not miss any class) I even got out early to take my son to get his shots. When I arrived I told the receptionist my story and she said "well I'm going to have to reschedule you " she didn't even bother asking the doctor if he could get my baby in at a later time and when I kept insisting that if I could just speak to the docto she just went to the side spoke to another receptionist and sent her to tell me the same thing she had told me. I was so upset ! So I just stormed out of the office .( knowing how important shots are I would think it is critical to get babies in to be seen by the doctor) His receptionist are the worst !! Their rude and obnoxious ! There is one with really heavy make up that is always chewing gum while talking to you and seems like she never knows whats going on. NEVER go to his office !!!
My biggest complaint would be his office assistants. They are rude and act as if answering your questions are a waste of their time. They would rather converse with each other than try to help the patients in the waiting room. One time I had an 10 AM appointment and I had to wait for 2 hours. They acted as though I was wasting their time asking about my appointment. They explained many other people are waiting and that I should expect a long wait time.
42 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Juan Z Montes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Juan Z Montes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Inglewood, CA.