Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan C Olazagasti has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I was not at all satisfied with this doctor nor did I like the way his nurse treated us this goes for his nurse in Lynchburg the nurse in Roanoke was wonderful . When we came in to see Dr. O the way we were treated was very unprofessional not only was I not satisfied with him or his nurse at the Lynchburg location I was not pleased that he tried to put my child on the same medication that he put her on months prior that we ended up in the ER. If he only had taken the time to look at his notes instead of just treating us like another number this could have been prevented. Another sad excuse of a doctor. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.
I am so thankful that I was lucky to have this doctor see my child. I wish more doctors were as kind and courteous as he is. You know those doctors that are short and in a hurry? That is so not the case with Dr. O. He even will wave as he passes by in the hall, which in my experience is rare. It's nice to have such a kind man in this profession, but he is also very knowledgable. He was able to answer all of my questions, and suggest alternatives to what I was already doing to better my child's health. My daughter on one occasion out her arms up for him to hold her. I remember that with out thinking, he immediately smiled and picked her up. I don't know many doctors or men even that would've reacted that way. It is incredibly pleasing to know that someone cares and enjoys children, and works in a profession to help make their tiny tummies feel better. I highly recommend him!
Dr. Olazagasti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Juan C Olazagasti accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCarilion Clinic Pediatrics, 102 Highland Ave SE Ste 305, Roanoke, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juan C Olazagasti in this video.
Dr. Juan C Olazagasti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.