Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan P Velazquez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Juan P Velazquez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Juan P Velazquez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
This Dr office was terrible the guy who handles the desk is very unprofessional and rude. I would never recommend them to anyone at first they are nice but once you ask for something they get defensive. Alex was a sweetheart the only one who actually helped me even when the Spanish speaking lady couldn't talk to me directly but tell the man in the front what to tell me!
My son, is over 18 and went to see the doctor by himself, but his insurance happens to be under my plan. The staff there seems very monetarily focused. They charged him $128.79, could not wait until they had the services rendered compiled, submitted to the carrier. I have a PPO plan, of which the Dr participates, but the fee was $103.06, the contracted amount was $62.56 so my math shows $66.23 is due back to me (since I reimbursed my child the full amount. Frankie at their office said they would reimburse $56.23. What? Then when I began questioning him, he became a little defensive. I am ready to report this office to the AMA and the governing board in Austin. No wonder we all can't stand Insurance, OBAMA care & greedy doctors.
Every single one of my children were ALL diagnosed with asthma and years later not one has shown any signs. My daughter was sent home from school with a fever of 104 and the flu i set up an appointment to have her evaluated for it and they REFUSED to treat her for the flu and insisted it was her asthma and if i didnt like it i could change my pcp was their response . Guess what,thats EXACTLY what i did no doctor is going to refuse my child the proper care and insist on a misdiagnosis.smh i dont recommend them to anybody!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Velazquez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1986
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Juan P Velazquez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsTrinity Family Medicine Clinic, 6601 Blanco Rd Ste 100, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Juan P Velazquez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.