Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juan B Sosa has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Juan B Sosa has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Juan B Sosa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Juan B Sosa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I left a voicemail to reschedule an appointment that I couldn't make due to a hectic workweek and this guy calls back and says sorry I don't want to see you again then hangs up. He wasted my time and I do not recommend this man. This kind of ruthlessness has no room in therapy for those who are trying so hard to recover. Such Doctor's, if one wishes to even call him that, would rather turn therapy into strictly a money making machine rather than make it to help others...sickening stuff man.
I met with Dr. Sosa once. I couldn't attend my second appointment because I accidentally lost track of time during a busy workday and stayed late; however, I informed his answering service that I couldn't make it there in time so I would need to reschedule. Dr. Sosa called me back and said that he could no longer accommodate me...quoting him directly he actually stated "I don't think I want to schedule another appointment with you" [hang-up] He didn't recommend another therapist but rather left me trying to figure out how to proceed because I was hoping that after a few appointments he would write me a script because my old script is about to expire. I have been struggling for awhile to get an appointment with a local psychiatrist and was happy when I finally got one with Dr. Sosa so now I need to start all over again. Dr. Sosa...are you overbooked or simply unprofessional and uncompassionate?
Worcester State Hospital
Dr. Juan B Sosa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsMiddletown Associates In Psychiatry, 267 William St, Middletown, CT
Dr. Juan B Sosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Middletown, CT.