Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jud A Staller has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I happened to call and leave a message on his answering machine just after a patient of his cancelled, so I got in! He was highly recommended by my physical and psycho-therapists. He is my 4th psychiatrist. My first one was terrific but moved out of the area. The next two pressured me into taking "standard doses" even though I am very sensitive to medications. Dr. Staller spent a couple hours assessing me and apparently determined that he could trust my reports of how medications affected me. What a relief! He is a precious member of my care team, especially since he is so highly regarded by my therapists whom I work very closely with, and he highly regards their professional practices.
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1977
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jud A Staller accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSuny Psychiatry Clinic, 713 Harrison St, Syracuse, NY
Dr. Jud A Staller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.