Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Judi Shaw-Rice
Dr. Judi Shaw-Rice, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shaw-Rice is affiliated with West Houston Medical Center, St Luke's Episcopal Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Judi Shaw-Rice has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I have been a patient of Dr Rice for over 5 years, and have been pleased with her services. She is very thorough and approachable. The wait time can be long if you do not schedule the first or last appointments, but she will not rush you through your visit.The office staff is a different story. They are not helpful and customer friendly. Almost changed doctors just to avoid dealing with the office staff.
Dr. Shaw-Rice is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Houston Medical Center
St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
The Woman's Hospital of Texas
The Methodist Hospital
24 Years Experience
Medical University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1989
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Judi Shaw-Rice in this video.
Dr. Judi Shaw-Rice is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.