Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Judith Marcus
Dr. Judith Marcus, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Great Neck, NY. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Marcus is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Judith Marcus has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Judith Marcus has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Judith Marcus has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Judith Marcus is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I recently moved to the area, and have felt severe depressed and suicidal for quite a bit of time. I found Dr. Marcus on my healthcare provider list & thought I would try to schedule a preliminary appt. with her. I left all the information I could in my numerous voicemails (in all my calls she never picked up the phone). I also said that I really needed to speak to someone soon because of my feelings & mindset. Never once did I receive a call back. Even if she is not accepting new patients it would have been nice for her to let me know, and I could focus on finding other Doctors. As someone who was severly depressed asking for help, this lack of attention made me feel even more unworthy & overwhelmed.I cannot provide ratings on anything but her lack of care and attention to someone who told her outright they needed help immediately.In my opinion this Doctor is in the wrong field and should be ashamed.
Dr. Marcus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Zucker Hillside Hospital
33 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions34 Elm St, Great Neck, NY
Dr. Judith Marcus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.