Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Judith M Castillo MD
Dr. Judith M Castillo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Judith M Castillo has the following 24 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pituitary Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Judith M Castillo - Posted on February 1st, 2020
Self-verified patient of Dr. Judith M Castillo - Posted on November 5th, 2019
I'm an RN and Dr. Castillo is the BEST MD ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Judith M Castillo - Posted on November 18th, 2018
I was lucky to be recommended to Dr. Judith Castillo. First of all, she is totally compassionate, very intelligent and spends time explaining everything. She got me back on track with my diabetes by eliminating some medications and adding others. My HgBA1C went from 9.4 to under 7 in less than a year! She's amazing!
Dr. Castillo is simply AMAZING!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Judith M Castillo - Posted on July 25th, 2018
Dr. Castillo is my parents' doctor and I am always amazed about the way she takes care of them. She is very professional, competent, thoughtful, thorough, and very sweet to them. She takes time to explain diagnosis to them and takes the time to address their questions, even after they have already asked the same questions. She is great!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Judith M Castillo - Posted on September 27th, 2017
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2012, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Castillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. Judith M Castillo Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJUDITH M CASTILLO MD, 112 Quarry Rd Ste 250, Trumbull, CT
Dr. Judith M Castillo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Trumbull, CT.