Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Judith T Newman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Pediatric ophthalmologists provide complete eye and vision care for children and adolescents. They’re trained to work specifically with children and they offer screening and treatment solutions that make kids more relaxed. Similar to optometrists, they can perform vision screenings and regular exams as well as prescribe glasses and contacts, if needed.
However, they’re also trained to treat and operate on more complex eye conditions, such as problems with retinas, a lazy eye, crossed eyes or weak eye muscles. In addition, they come to the rescue when foreign objects and substances get into your child’s eyes and cause an injury, swelling or another reaction.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
44 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Judith T Newman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2929 Mossrock, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Judith T Newman is similar to the following 1 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.