Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Judith V Whitcomb has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
I called to make a new patient appointment for followup care after Breast Cancer (we just moved mother up after treatment). Doctor was highly recommended. I spoke to Jennie and it was like I was putting her out. Was very rude and told me to have records sent from Oregon Doctor I let her know we had all the records. I was told they needed to be sent directly to office. I asked after they received them would I be notified. Was told no I would have to keep calling and then it would be decided if she would be seen or not. There was no help with information and absolutely no compassion. I am sure the Doctor is as good as I was told. My recommendation came from a Pathologist at Providence. Shame that your first point of contact was this. I hung up and thought about how the call went and decided my family deserves better treatment. Proceeded to call Dr. Sandford and wow a wonderful experience. Made me an appointment asked for records to be dropped off and a release signed just in case they needed additional information. Was told Doctor would review all records before appointment. First impressions are huge especially when you need a professional to take care of a loved one who has gone thru treatment not once but twice and has been uprooted and moved to Alaska so that family can take care of them.
Okay, so she isn't always prompt - expect a bit of a delay, even with an appointment. The reason is because she's thorough and cares for the whole patient to include emotional needs. I cannot get upset about sitting 20 mins longer when the woman with breast cancer, who went into the office crying, comes out with a smile and a new sense of hope. Dr. Whitcomb has a fabulous sense of humor and great bedside manner. I have been seen for 4 hours for a regular office visit. It took me 7 doctors to find her, and she was the first of those to finally diagnose me. WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND FRIEND!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
43 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1975
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Judith V Whitcomb accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJudith Whitcomb Md, 3300 Providence Dr Ste 108, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Judith V Whitcomb in this video.
Dr. Judith V Whitcomb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.