Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jules E Constantinou
Dr. Jules E Constantinou, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with another office in Detroit, MI. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neurology. Dr. Constantinou is affiliated with Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. Dr. Constantinou has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Jules E Constantinou has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jules E Constantinou has the following 13 expertise
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Seizure Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Constantinou has been such a great advocate for our oldest son who suffered a concussion last fall in a varsity football game .with our younger children he really cares about them. I can be seeing another dr on site and run into him and he is asking about my kids by their names.. He takes his time with each appointment to make sure all needs are met.. Fabulous dr..
We are extremely pleased with Dr. Constantinou. He spends a minimum of 45 min with us at each appt. Our daughter has Rett Syndrome and we are very confident in his ability to help us with her condition. He has much experience with Rett Syndrome and seizure activity. Often times we have to wait a while in the office to see him but it is because he spends so much time with patients. He is well worth the wait. He is easy to contact on an emergency basis and has many locations. The downfall is that it takes a long time to get an appt. with him because he blocks off so much time to be with patients. His notations and records are very accurate and thorough. He is an excellent doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Constantinou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Jules E Constantinou accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jules E Constantinou is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Detroit, MI.