Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julia Becker
Dr. Julia Becker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Forest Hills, NY, with other offices in Brooklyn, NY and New York, NY . She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Becker is affiliated with St John's Episcopal Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. She speaks English.
Dr. Julia Becker has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Julia Becker has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Julia Becker has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Julia Becker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I feel cared about. I have never been on meds that have helped my symptoms until I started working with Dr. Becker, because I always had symptoms-bad ones before working with her. She takes her time to review my symptoms and finds the best way to go about dispensing the medication. The proof is I have been out of the hospital for 7years and I have been working with Dr. Becker for 71/2 years. Previously I was a revolving door into the hospital. I had 6 back to back hospitalizations before working with Dr. Becker. I think Dr. Becker is compassionate. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists before and they did not want to get to know me like a person before. I had 8 suicide attempts and I have not had one in the past 8 years.
the WORST psychiatrist ever. gave me medicine that made me more sick. when I told her this, she told me to take more. it continued to make me worse... I stopped taking the meds by my self, and the next day, I felt much better. I would tell her I felt depressed, and she said "well, what did you do to make yourself that way" she NEVER listened to me... EVER!!I HATE this woman
Dr. Becker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John's Episcopal Hospital
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Interfaith Medical Center - Brooklyn Jewish Division
Lutheran Medical Center
Interfaith Medical Center
New York Hospital Presbyterian
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julia Becker in this video.
Dr. Julia Becker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.