Dr. Julia Bulkeley Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Julia Bulkeley?

Posted on July 7th, 2016

Dr. Bulkeley is a fantastic doctor. Excellent bedside manner. Great with kids. Has TREMENDOUSLY helped my little boy gain independence with his CP and allowed him to be a fun loving and Happy little bo y

Insensitive to patient & parents

Posted on March 7th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Bulkeley for my 18 month old on an urgent basis. I had to wait about a month for our first appointment. We waited for over an hour and then was rushed through our appointment because she had a surgery to get to. She made no effort to make my screaming, terrified 18 month old comfortable with her exam. Then, she scoffed at her behavior as if my poor child understood what was going on. I was talked over frequently when trying to explain my daughter's symptoms and situation. Received same attitude at second visit. Any time I call their office, I'm on hold for over 10 minutes and I NEVER receive a call back in less than 24 hours and I have to remind her or her staff what I called about. Staff is extremely disorganized. Would not recommend.

Happy Mom

Posted on February 18th, 2016

My Dad works with the Orthopedic Drs at Carilion, so when my daughter broke her leg at school he told me that Dr Bulkeley was the one that the other Drs send their kids and grand kids to. That was good enough for me, and I was more than happy with the care and attention that we received.

Great Doctor

Posted on July 14th, 2015

Great job with my daughter's injured ankle. Was very personable and thorough. Would recommend seeing and will go back for checkup.

Horrible experience

Posted on April 29th, 2014

Our son was born with club feet and she completely trashed his foot. on the very first casting, The cast was left on for 11 days and when it was taken off it was horrifying. she cited she learned in Mexico where that is "common" to leave the casts on that long. If you love you child, do not see this butcher.

go to Charlottesville for corrective surgeries

Posted on September 13th, 2013

She is a complete joke, she doesn't seem to know what she is talking about, she will not answer any question, she gave us false information and blew off every question with some story that was completely irrelevant to our child. Our child's disability is worse off now that we saw her, the nurse made a comment that she googles her diagnoses, we also had to wonder around the clinic to find her after she left the room. Completely unprofessional... p.s. I wouldn't have put one star if i could, and all those people who gave her 4 stars you're a joke just like she is.

Excellent surgeon

Posted on August 22nd, 2013

Dr. Bulkeley was professional, extremely knowledgable, and handled my daughter's extremely tricky surgery in a way that she is good as new again. Her arm is identical to the never-broken arm-- something that literature had told us not to expect given the break. She is a bit brisk, as many surgeons are, but stopped and kindly and thoroughly explained things to my daughter when she looked upset.

Mother of Patient

Posted on August 22nd, 2013

Dr. Bulkeley was concise and discussed the potential injury in- depth with us and detailed the solution and options on how to correct the issue. My daughter was included in the discussions and Dr. Bulkeley took the time to answer her questions fully in terms that she could understand. I would highly recommend Dr. Bulkeley based upon her willingness to insure the patient care is top priority and insuring a full recover. Thank you for caring for my child's injury!

Strange Personality

Posted on July 4th, 2013

Dr. Bulkeley needs to develop better communication skills with parents and with children. I felt like she wasn't truly listening, she dismissed my questions (perhaps she did not know the answers), and she made me feel like I was a bother. She has an odd sense of humor, which made my child and I both uncomfortable. We came out of the appointment not knowing any more than when we arrived. I found it strange that her office did not have the brace stocked that my child needed, and I feel like they should be better prepared. My lack of faith in her is the reason we are moving on. We will be seeing a different doctor for the followup visit, because I refuse to waste my time with this woman again.

Absolutely wonderful

Posted on April 2nd, 2013

I am beyond words satisfied with Dr. Bulkeley. She is straight forward, caring and did an outstanding job. We felt that our daughter was in very good hands at all times, but especially during her 3 hrs surgery. We are very grateful and are very pleased with the outcome.

Posted on March 19th, 2013

I'm not sure why Dr. Bulkeley decided to go into pediatric medicine. She hardly acknowledged our 3 year old (who of course was the patient). Had a very poor bedside manner to work with adults but especially children.

Bedside manner

Posted on September 9th, 2012

Poor bed side manner with a child with disability