Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julia Cuervo MD
Dr. Julia Cuervo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Julia Cuervo has the following 10 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Julia Cuervo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Cuervo - Posted on September 27th, 2018
Best Doctor ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Cuervo - Posted on October 27th, 2014
In my 70 years I have had only 2 doctors that I rank as excellent, and Dr. Cuervo is one of them. Very patient when listening to questions. Spends a good deal of time listening and then answers in layman terms I could understand. Made a conclusion regarding the amount of a medication I needed, contrary to that of another doctor, and my subsequent blood tests proved her correct. Very friendly, never rude or condescending as I have experienced with other doctors. I would recommend her in a heartbeat.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Cuervo - Posted on August 14th, 2014
Dr Cuervo is one of the best doctors I've had in the last 20 years. She takes time to listen to what you have to say, is very thorough and asks questions to make sure she is understanding what the issues are and has a great sense of humor. She isn't a doctor to just issue pills. She treats the problem for the long term.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Julia Cuervo Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Julia Cuervo
Dr. Cuervo received her medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She then went to Phoenix, Ariz., to complete her internship and residency at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center and Carl Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Cuervo enjoys providing all aspects of adult health care. A member of the United States Air Force, she is the recipient of a number of awards for her service.
Locations & DirectionsSTAR VIVIETTE FOWLER DO, 2030 Mountain View Ave, Longmont, CO
Dr. Julia Cuervo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Longmont, CO.