Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julia F Johnson MD
Dr. Julia F Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Savannah, GA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Coastal Harbor Treatment Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Julia F Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Julia F Johnson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Julia F Johnson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia F Johnson - Posted on February 27th, 2018
Dr. Johnson treated me at Curtis cooper when I was very sick. I saw her until she went on maternity leave and she actually sent me a handwritten letter that I have till this day encouraging me to keep getting better. I will never forget her. She cried when she told me I was hiv positive. She is truly an angel.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia F Johnson - Posted on December 24th, 2016
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2002
Mountain Area Health Education Center
Dr. Julia F Johnson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
Locations & DirectionsHOSPICE SAVANNAH INC, 1352 Eisenhower Dr, Savannah, GA
Dr. Julia F Johnson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Savannah, GA.