Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julia A Karlak has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 29
Find a different physician if you would like to be treated with respect. Dr Karlak's office staff are consistently rude and unprofessional. They acted as if any patient request or need was an extreme inconvenience. Dr Karlak herself was condescending and rude during my exam. On several occasions she mocked me and made fun of items on my patient history intake form.
I have been going to Dr. Karlak for approximately 20 years and have just found a new doctor. She was always more interested in how much property i owned than diagnosing me right. Went 4 years with serious ailment and almost lost my legs. If you don't agree with her, she tells you to find a new doctor and that is what i did
Dr. Karlak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1982
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Julia A Karlak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsKarlak & Martin Mds, 1725 E 19th St Ste 602, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Julia A Karlak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.