Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julia N Kharlip
Dr. Julia N Kharlip, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kharlip is affiliated with Johns Hopkins University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Julia N Kharlip has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 11
I had scheduled an appointment 6 months in advance and drove over two hours to meet with the doctor. Upon arriving 15 minutes late (due to difficulties navigating the incredibly large Perelman Center), I was told at the front desk the doctor may not be able to see me as she had to leave for an early afternoon conference. I was told I was welcome to wait and see if she could see me if her following appointment didn't show, which I decided to do since I had driven all that way. An hour later, her assistant came out to confirm the doctor would not be meeting with me at all and said I'd have to reschedule. To be treated with such disrespect and penalizes for being only fifteen minutes late is absolutely disgusting and left a very poor taste in my mouth, especially being a new patient who had waited months for this appointment. I understand the importance of being on time, but even the nurse at the front desk confirmed she doesn't run on time anyway, which led me to believe had I arrived on time I still would've waited a portion of the time I was late. I will not be back or schedule an additional appointment with the doctor as she clearly has no regard for her patients. I noticed a similar comment from a patient below, which leads me to believe this is nothing new.
She really seems to know her stuff and has a nice quality in terms of beside manner. The fact that I waited an hour to see her, then was canceled the next time when I was literally 5 minutes late burned me. She had a lecture to deliver in 15 minutes, but she should had me rescheduled b/c of her tight schedule that day - AND I drove an hour to see her and lost a half day of work. Parking garage is huge as is the Perelman Center. I requested an apology a few times from her to no avail.
Dr. Kharlip is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Julia N Kharlip accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Julia N Kharlip is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.