- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julia Tang MD
Dr. Julia Tang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She speaks English.
Dr. Julia Tang has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Julia Tang has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Tang - Posted on September 25th, 2019
Dr. Tang made my colonoscopy for IBS a breeze - she answered all questions in the pre - appt., office ran everything on time, everyone was very nice. for the procedure, Dr. Tang was great - very informative, took all the worry away, was thorough and explained everything before and after very clearly and expertly. the UNC facility in Hillsborough was fabulous where she does procedures
Good listener, thorough
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Tang - Posted on February 8th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Tang - Posted on November 27th, 2018
She was fine with me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Tang - Posted on November 5th, 2015
Find a doctor who cares...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julia Tang - Posted on April 2nd, 2015
20 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Julia Tang Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Julia Tang's office for more information.
940 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Chapel Hill, NC : (919) 942-5123
Locations & DirectionsChapel Hill Internal Medicine, 940 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julia Tang, MD - Gastroenterology in Chapel Hill, NC, in this video.
Dr. Julia Tang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.