Dr. Julian Dixon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julian Dixon?

DON'T GO TO HIM! PLEASE GO TO AN AMERICAN PLASTIC SURGEON.

Posted on June 9th, 2017

Don't go to him! Went in for deviated septum surgery and my nose came out another shape! Look at his education! He is not a board certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons! The took the following from a website "Board certified does not automatically mean a doctor is certified by ABPS. Any licensed physician may perform surgery without being board certified in the specialty area of plastic and cosmetic surgery. An American Board of Plastic Surgery certified cosmetic surgeon has graduated from an accredited medical school and has completed at least five years of additional residency training. You can verify the doctor's certification by contacting the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) at 1-888-4-PLASTIC. They will be able to tell you which doctors are legitimate cosmetic surgeons in the Chicago area.".....If you look him up or call there are no records found. He may have gone to medical school and taken a few plastic surgery classes but that does not make him a plastic surgeon. Trust me I went in just for deviated septum and he messed up. It wasn't even a cosmetic procedure! I had to go to a real plastic surgeon to correct his mistake!

Unpleasant Experience, Insulting/Impatient Bedside Manner

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

Dr. Dixon made it clear that I was an inconvenience to him on a Saturday visit, even though it was his scheduled Saturday. I had been given an unusual/rare diagnosis and Dr. Dixon approached my situation with immediate skepticism, smirking as I told him what my referring docs concluded. Dr. Dixon used the words "and what do you expect me to do about it?" I was on an HMO at the time, so it wasn't my choice to visit him - Therefore, it was clear that my referring docs thought I should see an ENT. After my visit, my referring docs apologized and explained that they usually do not refer to Dr. Dixon for similar reasons - he was the earliest available and they understood I needed advice/attention as soon as possible. In short, if you have the choice, I would not recommend Dr. Dixon.

One happy nose......

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

I've been looking for a good ENT doctor to help me with my allergy and sinus problems for some time now. My coworker recommend I see her doctor, Dr. Dixon. She gave me the office phone number and I called, the woman on the phone was friendly and offer me a same day appointment, I had very full schedule so I opted for the following day. So I got to the office, filled out my forms and shortly after I was called into the room. The medical assistant was very nice and easy to talk to. As she was asking for my pharmacy info Dr. Dixon walked in. Which was good, other doctors offices one tends to wait in the room for a while before the doctor walks in. So he asked me what my symptoms where, I told him. He told me he wanted to look in my nose with a camera to get a better idea of what was going on. Shorty after he walked out of the room his assistant came back in and told me I to follow her to another room. The doctor explained what was going to happen what he was looking for and that it wasn't going to hurt or take long. He was right. After the scoped me, he explained to me what he saw in terms I understood. He explained to me what I should be doing to help my nose and even gave me some nasal spray samples to use before I filled the prescription, (which was nice since meds aren't that cheap). Overall my nose has been happy since my appointment with Dr. Dixon. I have and will keep recommending Dr. Dixon to my fiends and family.

Ultherapy

Posted on January 21st, 2015

Dr Dixon made the treatment very comfortable and I am seeing results already. He was easy to talk to and I really believe he listened to my concerns. I had heard some horror stories about having the Ulthera done and he made the treatment very relaxing. The environment was very inviting, his staff was very helpful and caring about my well being. I would definitely recommend Dr Dixon. I am contemplating going back for other treatments.

Nose reconstruction after sledding accident

Posted on February 12th, 2013

He had great bedside manner was very comforting I was very scared prior to my surgery. So far everything seems great!

Absolutely rude.

Posted on August 30th, 2012

Dr. Julian Dixon is the most patronizing, rude and insensitive doctor I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.I've recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and as a result I've had many doctors appointments every week to try and get things sorted out as I have many of the disorders most commonly seen with fibromyalgia. Because of this my time is limited.I had gotten an order to get a CT scan from my primary care doctor as well as to see a ENT as I had a sinus infection that had not gone away in two months despite antibiotics and Flonase was giving me awful side-effects. I called Chicago ENT to make an appointment and along with giving my my insurance information I gave the name of the prescribing doctor for the CT scan order as well as told them that I would need one when I was visited. I let them know that I was an out of town student and that my insurance was out of Virginia and because of this it would be necessary to talk to them by 4pm Chicago time. I had to travel an hour to get there (they were the only office that had an opening that week and could see me the soonest-- now I know why!) My appointment was at 2.40 I waited half an hour (not bad) to see Dr. Julian Dixon who proceeded to give me a very minimal exam as well as ask me insulting questions as my mouth was filled with canker sores (not cold sores) until I insisted that I had the sores on and off since I was a kid and repeated tested negative for herpes. He then prescribes me Nasonex (which is pretty much the same as Flonase) even after I had complained about severe jitteryness on Flonase (And since Flonase and Nasonex are both steroids the side-effect of jitteryness was likely, and did, remain the same.) He then told me I would get a CT scan and pointed me down the hall to wait by the radiology department for my scan. After AN HOUR of waiting a woman comes up to me and asks to see my insurance card so she can be sure she got the number right (it is right). And a half hour later returns and tells me that they can't get ahold of my insurance company. (Well DUH it's 4.20 now!) I ask to speak to the manager but she is the manager of billing. I tell her that it is unacceptable that they were not able to confirm that my CT scan was covered when they had my insurance more than two days before and knew I needed a CT scan when I made the appointment. I get upset because I've just wasted three hours at this place (and took time off my internship so that I could come in) and I am so booked on doctors appointments that I couldn't exactly come back again to get it done (let alone commute). I ask her if she can just do the scan and bill the insurance later and charge my credit card if it was denied (and I knew I was covered). She says that is do-able and goes to get the doctor.THEN: Dr. Julian Dixon comes in and says that they won't be giving me the CT scan, because HE was revoking his recommendation as he didn't want me to "risk charging my card for something that didn't require emergency attention." He didn't trust me that my insurance would go through. I'm in tears at this point because I'm really sick of being in sinus pain and running around to various doctors. I tell him even if my insurance didn't cover it (and that that would be pretty near impossible) that I would still pay for it. He proceeds to belittle me and refuses to talk to me until I 'calm down.' At which point he proceeds to pretty much interrogate me about my other doctors appointments (as if really didn't have them). I'm furious at this point (and hyper-venhilating from crying) and list my various doctors appointments (stating that it doctors think I have fibromyalgia and are obviously ruling other things out). He tells me I am over-reacting and then hands me a sample of Nasonex and tells me to leave. DON'T SEE HIM.

Posted on January 20th, 2017