Dr. Julian Safran Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Julian Safran?

Posted on April 5th, 2013

I've felt comfortable with Dr. Safran on each visit. He allows time for me as needed. I would recommend him to all.

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

I went in for pelvic pain.A sonogram was done.Dr. Safran did not explain the sonogram findings, except for one piece of information: that the cyst burst,which was incorrect according to both this sonogram and to the 2nd one, done later.He did not offer any advice about how to care for myself.He would barely answer any of my questions and would get annoyed when I asked anything.He prescribed birth control to get cysts under control,but didn't discuss with me what kind might be most suitable until I asked him to prescribe what I had taken before.I asked him after he had already sent an order to the pharmacy, in front of me,but without telling me.After the 1st apt,my pain was severe and not letting up,but it took several days for me to get in,despite pleas.Again,no advice or guidance was offered, and no explanation of results.He did call me this Saturday to check on me.However,this was after nearly 2 weeks of severe pain and little attention.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

He Listens

Posted on December 21st, 2010

Dr. Safran is an excellent doctor. He researched a concern for me and shared medical journal articles with me. He has been a consistently excellent care provider to me for the last five years. He has also referred me to wonderful specialists and communicated my situation to them thoroughly and promptly.

Quality physician with a quality staff

Posted on August 25th, 2009

The waiting area was busy, the staff were efficient, I was called up for my insurance verification, co-pay, and while completing my new patient paperwork, I was called back to see the doctor. I waited a little under 5 minutes before Dr. Safran entered. He went over my history, my concerns, performed the procedures, determined I needed additional testing - which I was able to have done there on-site, the same day, during the same visit!!!!! Preliminary results were available, Dr. Safran discussed those with me (this was Wednesday) the following Saturday afternoon to my surprise, Dr. Safran contacted me at home to discuss my full results. How awesome was that!! A physician actually called me on Saturday!!! I honestly feel as though I have finally been matched with a terrific physician that listens, doesn't rush me, actually reads my chart and results, and takes the time to call. This was by far the best physician experience I have had as an adult. Dr. Safran and his staff (front office, sonographer, lab staff, and nursing assistants) are absolutely top quality. I am completely happy with my visit and selection of Dr. Safran.

Great doctor!

Posted on March 26th, 2008

I love Dr. Safran! I had a really hard time finding a gyno when I first moved to DC and ended up going to Dr. Safran on the recommendation of a friend after having a negative experience with someone at the same practice. Dr. Safran is wonderful! Not only did he accurately diagnose my problems, but he also checked on my lab results from my previous not-so-great visit, made sure that I was happy with all of my other gyno-related medications, and quickly responded to follow-up e-mails that required calling in prescriptions. He truly cares about his clients. A great doctor! (Office staff could be more friendly and professional.)

Posted on January 17th, 2008

I went to see Dr. Safran when my usual OB in the practice was not available and he was absolutely wonderful. He made me feel completely at ease before we started and answered all of my questions. I really nice and caring doctor - I think I may switch doctors within the practice. The wait times are always too long and the staff is so-so, but it's so easy to get in to see a doctor, I can't complain too much.

Posted on September 20th, 2017