Dr. Juliana W Miller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Juliana W Miller?

Horrible

Despite what they told me over the phone, before scheduling a colonoscopy, they coded it wrong and were in no way willing to work with me resulting in over $1000 out of pocket. Demand EVERYTHING in writing BEFORE walking into their office. I will never go back.

Special lady

I've seen her several times for various problems. Wonderful bedside manner, great personality, and always attentive with concern.

Do not expect much

She did not listen to me very well. She didn't care about my past medical history with my previous gastro doctor. She also ignored my family history. it is impossible to get ahold of anyone in the office to talk with. And her nurse must be new because even though you must "funnel" everything through her she knows nothing and must always call you back. This call back is never quickly either. I had one office visit to her and then a colonoscopy after only this she decided I had IBS. Instead a week later I ended up in the hospital. I will not be returning and certainly do not recommend her.

Dr. Miller is as good as any doctor I've ever seen. She really knows her stuff and is one of the nicest people on the planet. I've been seeing her for years and I highly recommend her.

Very poor experience, from a nurse's viewpoint

I was referred to this doctor by my family physician when experiencing a severe illness. Dr. Miller was not at all caring, she has a very cold demeanor. I had brought relevant information from my medical history; she was not willing to hear any of that. She was only interested in getting me scheduled for tests at her office. I am also a health care professional and understand the value of diagnostics. However, testing with an incomplete set of information and refusing to hear what the patient has to say is not a safe way to care for patients. On my second visit, she rushed me through and dismissed me when I asked questions. It was clear she did not care to help me feel better. This is the worst attitude I have seen from a physician in my many years practicing as a nurse in many settings.

It was about 10 years ago that I had my colonoscopy at Wake Med Cary and Dr Miller was great. She has a great bedside manner and she knows her job well. My pre and post op visits to her office were good too. I made up my mind then that I would have to find her for my next visit.

Don't Look For Follow Up

I had previously gone to her when my daughter experienced gastro problems. She seemed through, and very compassionate. So when I needed a colosocopy she seemed like a "natural choice". I had an issue that I brought to her so this became a conosocopy and a dsiagnostic situation. She briefly spoke to me after the procedure when I was still "goggy", she stated she would get back to me with results. After SIX business days her nurse calls me and says "you are all clear"; no explaination of what she found and I had several questions. I was told I would have to "funnel questions" through the nurse. If I wanted more details I needed to schedule an office visit...what, we didn't finish this procedure. I was very disappointed in her follow through. She was great on the "front end" but does not approprately follow up with patients (if she meant that the nurse would call me back...state that). I am not really happy with her.

Frustrating Experience

By the time I went in to see Dr. Miller I'd already been poked and prodded enough. I was at what should have been the tail end of my diagnosis stage and entering into the treatment plan. I was referred to a gastro to get some final answers in what my regular MD had seen. So basically--I went in to get Dr. Miller's expert opinion on what she saw on my scans vs. my general practitioner. Well. This woman never laid eyes on my scans. And without ever having done so she immediately disregarded the entire reason I was there in the first place and started getting test happy to diagnose a problem I WASN'T HAVING. I needed the answer to one question, and she kept blowing it off and suggesting test after test after test (which are expensive and we have to pay for!). I've never been interrupted by a doctor more. She had her own agenda without having any idea what my problems were because she never even saw my history. What should have occurred was she should have simply apologized for the inconvenience of the appointment and recommend I come back in once she had a chance to look over my history and my scans to better handle the situation. It was as if she had no interest in any of that. And to add insult to injury, she insulted the intelligence of the doctor who had taken care of me up until that point. Go somewhere else.

I have received excellent care from Dr. Juliana Miller. She was very informative with explanation was very caring. Very knowledegable and a very good Doctor. Glad to have her as my Doctor.

Disappointed

Nearly impossible to get in touch with anyone in the office after your initial appointment. After months of costly tests and needless follow up appointments, no diagnosis. Seems to be following the House model for medicine of testing for everything on a whim. Yet the patient has to pay for these tests and visits. I went to another gastro after months of no diagnosis and He gave me prevacid after meeting with me once which cleared up my symptoms. Seems like I went through tons of unecessary painful tests for nothing. I hate to say it but maybe this is another example of someone trying to keep up with their lifestyle during these tough economic times at the cost of the patient.

Dr Miller is what a Doctor is ...

She literally saved my life. I spent 3 weeks in the hospital and was touch and go. She was there for me and my family. I can't say enough to give her due credit. Truly a fine person and great Doctor.

Love her!

I have had 3 gastroenterologists and she is the best. While the others were completely competant they made me feel like I was in a doctor's office, a sterile room, not personal at all.Dr. Miller knows her field well and makes me feel comfortable (which if you have gastro issues, they can be uncomfortable to talk about). She listens when I have concerns, always answers my questions that day, and makes me feel taken care of.I highly recommend her as a doctor.

Dr. Juliana W Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.