Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Long has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Approximately 6 years ago, I badly fractured my ankle. Dr. Long was the on-call orthopedic surgeon who operated and repaired my extensive injury. Throughout several follow-up appointments, I appreciated Dr. Long's care and time she took to answer any questions while she was explaining the healing process to me. In the months following my surgery, I had other doctors tell me I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Long as my surgeon; those doctors considered Julie Long one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the Bangor area.
My father was referred to Dr. Long from his PCP for a back problem. His back is now worse after having Dr. Long perform surgery on his back. During surgery she broke open the sack of fluid containing spinal fluid. He suffered a heart attack during the surgery and she came in to see him ONCE after surgery. She sent her assistant into Dad's room to be sure he wasn't going to sue and DID NOT follow up with him! I would NOT recommend her for spaying my dog, let alone performing surgery on a person! My sister is a registered nurse and she found out through collegues that Dr. Long has a history of making mistakes. PLEASE GET A SECOND OPINION BEFORE USING DR. LONG!
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Julie A Long accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthern California Spine Institute, 5725 W Las Positas Blvd, Pleasanton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie A Long in this video.
Dr. Julie A Long is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasanton, CA.