Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie S Bunner has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Julie S Bunner has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 28
I saw her twice and both times my Glucose Numbers came back very high. I am on an Insulin Pump and through my own testing I knew that my Sugars were running high. Bunner then told me that I am not eating a proper diabetic diet. I was told that as long as I know the amount of Carbs that I was digesting and I knew what to bolus for than by blood sugars should be in the normal range. At the time I had been on the Insulin Pump for almost 4 years and my A1-C's were always in the 5s. After our first meeting I went on a strict Diabetic diet and at my next appointment my A1-C numbers were higher. Again she gave me the same reasoning that I was cheating on my diet. I never saw her again and ended up moving to Pittsburgh where my new Endocrinologist diagnosed me with Celiac Disease which was throwing of my Glucose levels. I just wish Dr. Bunner was a bit more educated as far as the Endocrine system works. I was very disappointed in Dr. Bunner's care and he lack of knowledge.
My experience with this office: it started out good until after my thyroidectomy. Now I never have my phone calls returned. I have to leave literally minimal info for them to return my calls. A few of the women at the front desk are extremely rude and unprofessional with clients. Every time I've talked to someone about a medication dose change, the person I'm speaking with never knows what dose I'm currently on. I assumed when phone calls were made they would have my info somewhat nearby for reference. I eventually typed up my own patient history for them to review. They also lost all of my info in their computer somehow and had to re enter me after being seen for over a year at this office. Very frustrated. I feel like a number not a patient.
my mother has been a patient of Dr Bunners now for almost 2 years. I went to the drs with her to ask to actually be seen by the dr. We were seen by the nurse practitioner which is fine most of the time but after going to the drs and being treated only by what the thyroid tests say it is time to tree the dr. however, it seems to be an elusive thing to actually see the dr who is making decisions for your health care. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND SHE SHOULD BE REPORTED! she gets 0 stars, and that is for NOT even showing up! SHame on you ..
21 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Julie S Bunner accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsWheeling Hospital, 1 Medical Park, Wheeling, WV
Dr. Julie S Bunner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheeling, WV.