Dr. Julie Bunner Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Julie Bunner?

Too Backwards in her thinking.

Posted on November 5th, 2017

I saw her twice and both times my Glucose Numbers came back very high. I am on an Insulin Pump and through my own testing I knew that my Sugars were running high. Bunner then told me that I am not eating a proper diabetic diet. I was told that as long as I know the amount of Carbs that I was digesting and I knew what to bolus for than by blood sugars should be in the normal range. At the time I had been on the Insulin Pump for almost 4 years and my A1-C's were always in the 5s. After our first meeting I went on a strict Diabetic diet and at my next appointment my A1-C numbers were higher. Again she gave me the same reasoning that I was cheating on my diet. I never saw her again and ended up moving to Pittsburgh where my new Endocrinologist diagnosed me with Celiac Disease which was throwing of my Glucose levels. I just wish Dr. Bunner was a bit more educated as far as the Endocrine system works. I was very disappointed in Dr. Bunner's care and he lack of knowledge.

Posted on February 3rd, 2016

My experience with this office: it started out good until after my thyroidectomy. Now I never have my phone calls returned. I have to leave literally minimal info for them to return my calls. A few of the women at the front desk are extremely rude and unprofessional with clients. Every time I've talked to someone about a medication dose change, the person I'm speaking with never knows what dose I'm currently on. I assumed when phone calls were made they would have my info somewhat nearby for reference. I eventually typed up my own patient history for them to review. They also lost all of my info in their computer somehow and had to re enter me after being seen for over a year at this office. Very frustrated. I feel like a number not a patient.

Will noy listen to a patients concerns and it is her way or the patient is just stupid.

Posted on October 16th, 2015

I would never even try to see her again. I would do better visiting a snake oil salesman !

Posted on August 8th, 2013

my mother has been a patient of Dr Bunners now for almost 2 years. I went to the drs with her to ask to actually be seen by the dr. We were seen by the nurse practitioner which is fine most of the time but after going to the drs and being treated only by what the thyroid tests say it is time to tree the dr. however, it seems to be an elusive thing to actually see the dr who is making decisions for your health care. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND SHE SHOULD BE REPORTED! she gets 0 stars, and that is for NOT even showing up! SHame on you ..

Poor care

Posted on October 27th, 2012

This doctor does not like to be questioned, is not up to date regarding treatment of hypothyroidism, and will dump you if you indicate you want a second opinion.

will be looking for a new thyroid dr.

Posted on September 25th, 2012

i have been a patient of julie bunners for 4 years. she runs the practice. in that time, i have had 1 appt with her. i never see her. if my appt is at 3:30, i never get in before 4:30. they are awful at refilling prescriptions. there have been several occasions where they have let me run out of my synthroid and finally enough is enough. when you get on the phone with them, they are such in a hurry to get you off asap. its like we are an inconvenience to them. they schedule more people than they can handle and the individual patient care suffers greatly.

Dr. Bunner is not current on thyroid practice

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

After nearly 2 years of thyroid treatment, and continual weight gain despite a 1400 calorie per day diet that was reduced by her to 1200 calories per day with no weight loss, daily exercise, continual hair loss, and other symptoms, this doctor refused to consider increasing thyroid medication because my TSH was within the "range". My attempt to discuss the possibility with her physicians assistant that perhaps my body was not within the typical bell curve range, that symptoms beyond TSH levels should be considered, and my indication that I would like a second opinion, resulted in her sending me a letter saying that our patient doctor relationship was damaged and she would no longer treat me. Best day ever when that occurred because I made an appointment at John Hopkins, and now 6 months later I've lost 18 lbs. on a 1400 calorie day diet with the only significant difference a small 12 mg increase in my thyroid medication. New doctor confirmed I was under-medicated for my symptoms. Dr. Bunner is threatened by second opinions and an informed patient. She also uses a PA so you don't always get to see the doctor herself on appointments. I would never go back to her.

overall a good doctor but they shcedule more patients than they can handle

Posted on May 30th, 2012

good doctor but they schedule more patients than they can handle. wait time is usually over one hour. rx refills take an average of 3 days which is poor.

Dr. Bunner is not up to date on thyroid treatment

Posted on January 23rd, 2012

Seems threatened by an informed patient. Refuses to treat a hypothyroid patient by symptoms and treats only to the test, the tyranny of the TSH. After nearly two weeks of calling and waiting for an answer in response to my request for a medication change I have been told the doctor "will review my chart" and send me "a letter." A letter? She cannot call her patients directly. She doesn't care if you are symptomatic as long as your TSH is within the normal range. She has an outdated mode of treatment for thyroid patients and really needs to READ CURRENT research findings.

Posted on October 17th, 2011

i went to this dr i havent been treated so bad in my life by any dr. went for answers i got nothing not a call back the staff got rude when i did call back.very disastified.

She is a genius!

Posted on June 22nd, 2011

Dr. Bunner figured out what was wrong with me in two minutes, all my other doctors have struggled for years to figure out. She had to do some blood work to verify, the diagnosis. It took about five days for the results to come back from the lab. But she was right, she hit a bullseye from just asking questions and poking me.She is also the most attractive Doctor I've ever seen, and has fantastic bedside manner.

Posted on March 7th, 2011

I've been with this doctor for the last five years. She is wonderful very kind and has help me with my thyroid issues. Very comfortable with her.