Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julie Crosson
Dr. Julie Crosson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dorchester, MA. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Crosson is affiliated with Boston Medical Center, Carney Hospital and Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Julie Crosson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have been a long term patient of Julie Crosson. There are a multitude of issues of non care while having her as my pcp. Some of which are not knowing me as a patient even though I have been her patient for over 10 years, not addressing my health issues, no time spent on appointments trying to help you even though she will leave you sitting in a room waiting for more than an hour to see her, never has test results and when you do bring them in for her so they can be addressed you are still not going to get anywhere, never calls back, brushes you off when you do finally get her to put in a referral for you but her center doesn't address in a timely manner, was putting me on a new med at appointment but then never sent to pharmacy, I did the jump through hoops to get addressed only to have her prescribe the wrong med, jump through hoops again to have this corrected after I went to pharmacy and paid for wrong med to which that was addressed with a different med that she chose but now didn't tell me so I had to track her down again. Absolutely horrible to deal with. I have had several health issues that I have had to deal with on a daily basis to which she would not even address and she has no problem being that way. I have never met a doctor this unprofessional. I could go on and on. If I could choose no stars I would!
I am with that doctor since she started in Dorchester House clinic and she doesn't know me. Now she has many patients and the care for them is so poor including me. Beside that and more important doesn't give a accurate diagnosis, always you are a puzzle in your health and very worry about yourself. Time to change.
Dr. Crosson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Boston Medical Center
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Steward Carney Hospital
18 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Julie Crosson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDorchester House Multi-Service Center, 1353 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA
Dr. Julie Crosson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dorchester, MA.