Dr. Julie M Digioia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie M Digioia?

BEST SURGEON!!!

Dr. Digioia is a wonderful surgeon! Woke up feeling like I didn't even undergo an operation... Went home feeling like I just woke up from a nap!

I was diagnosed with a cyst for nine years by physicians/technicians at three major medical/breast centers in northern New Jersey. When I finally found Dr. DiGioa, she is the ONLY physician who really "heard" what I was saying--that I think what I am feeling is a tumor, not a cyst." She re-tested me for mammography and sonography, and just like always, nothing showed up on mammo or sono. However, she just didn't like the way the lump felt. So she told me we should just take it out. Lo and behold, it WAS a tumor. And there was a cyst--BEHIND the tumor next to chest wall. Had she not practiced medicine the old fashioned way--really "hearing" what the patient is saying, continuing to investigate when she has a gut feeling herself, then I would still be walking around with cancer growing inside of me, perhaps even dead by now. Ultimately, I lost both breasts. But I have my life, a life she saved--literally--when every other person I saw over nine years, just looked at the films, and said--"you're fine, its just a cyst." She knows when it is necessary to go further in the investigation. She has the experience to know when to trust her gut instincts. She knows when to go further and when to watch. She gave me five yeaars to watch my children graduate high school and are off to college. Dr. Julie, as I call her, and Overlook Hospital's Medical Diagnostics Center, gave me hope of beating the Big C.

Incredibly Human Doctor

Excellent diagnostic skills; impeccable bedside manners; very caring not just for the patient but family of patient; will spend necessary time to ensure that you understand diagnosis and help you through the healing process.