Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie L Ducharme has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Julie L Ducharme has the following 16 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pregnancy Complications
Dr. Julie L Ducharme has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
DR. D . was wonderful with me she took a lot of time with me. was so very nice to to me, she did a byopsey on my thyroid 7 needuols she was so good i hardleey felt anything. talked me through the whole thing. she allowed me to talk as long as i needed to very nice visit, i would recamend DR. D, to every one that need a ENDO, DR.
Dr. Ducharme has provided me with great care for many years. Her office staff is the best!
Dr. Ducharme is attentive and has a wonderful bedside manner, she doesn't rush through your appointment and takes everything into consideration when trying or needing to make changes to my care. Dr. Ducharme and her staff go beyond what many offices consider good patient care. They are professional, they call back in a reasonable time frame and they work well with getting your follow up appointments. Prescription refills are addressed quickly . The only problem is that she is so popular it is very hard to get an appointment less than 3-4 months out.
Dr. Ducharme and her staff have been with me through some tough times. She has always been genuinely concerned. Her staff has gone above and beyond to help me out. Dr. Ducharme herself has been a very caring and understanding doctor. She alway makes sure you know what the problem is or what the solution may be before leaving her office. I would recommend her to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Julie L Ducharme accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUpper Chesapeake Endocrinology Associates Llc, 2027 Pulaski Hwy Ste 207, Havre De Grace, MD
Dr. Julie L Ducharme is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Havre De Grace, MD.