Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Ericson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Exam
- Preventive Medicine
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Although the physicians and nurses with whom I dealt were pleasant and seemed capable, the office staff is incompetent to the point of compromising care. We had two babies with this practice. I almost switched practices during my second pregnancy due to the office staff; I would not go there for a third.Each time you make an appointment, it seems as if it is the very first time in the history of the practice that someone sought to make one. It takes 10 minutes + to schedule a routine visit. The front desk staff is pleasant but befuddled. I am not sure if it is poor training, poor systems, or poor hiring, but something causes this process to be comparable to climbing Mt. Everest for the patient.Dealing with the front desk staff is a complete treat, though, compared to the billing department. The billing staff is both incompetent and rude - quite an accomplishment. They deny having had conversations; deny receiving mail; even deny receiving faxes for which i have proof of transmission and receipt.If the office cannot manage such a simple task as (a) making appointments; or (b) keeping track of letters and mail, I have no confidence that this practice could care for me in a medical emergency or keep track of my medical records.I strongly urge anyone reading this to go elsewhere.
The doctor is great but their general office practice is awful & in the way that they make you give them a credit card # before making an appt. is so wrong..they actually refuse to see you if you do not provide them a credit card # & they insist that before you can see one of their doctors you must provide a credit #. They also request your insurance infor. & your social security # which is actually more than enough since it's a confidential peice of information but to top it off they demand a credit care # and they want to keep this in their files. That really is unethical practice & I have reported this to our legal insurance dept to remove them from our provider list & to the better business b & the state board &*others. Maybe they have had some bad patients & they weren't paying but in overall that is bad practice to refuse a patient because of their internal policy..very unfair .. not happy...don't even think of going there...
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Julie A Ericson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Group Of Northwestern, 737 N Michigan Ave Ste 600, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie A Ericson in this video.
Dr. Julie A Ericson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.