Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Foont has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lactose Intolerance
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Capsule Endoscopy
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Foont is the most thorough and compassionate doctor I have ever been to see. She spends as much time as necessary to make sure that all of your questions are answered, and is always available should questions or problems arise. Dr. Foont truly listens to her patients. She leaves no stone unturned until she finds the cause of symptoms, and then find the right treatment to address the problem. Dr. Foont is amazing!
I was amazed with my experience with Dr. Julie Foont. I was impressed with the office staff from the start. They were helpful and kind. I was seen by the doctor on time and she never seemed rushed. She took her time and really listened to my concerns. I felt like she not only knew what she was doing, but that she cared about me as an individual. She was warm and genuine and I felt more like I was talking with a trusted friend. I came away from the appointment feeling better knowing I was in the right hands. Now, my health is improving and I know I made the right choice with this practice. Highly recommend
I should not have written accurate diagnosis because we won't know until tests are done. I felt I was in very capable hands and that she was there l00% for me. She didn't use a computer and look up at me every few minutes, she was there totally. She was open to questions and easy to talk to. I'm grateful for the visit. Also, the young women at the desk (sorry I didn't get her name) was extremely knowlegeable...really understood the doctor, the paperwork and when I said that I though the doctor was so nice , she said she was proud to work for her.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
15 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Julie A Foont accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGotham Gastroenterology, 535 5th Ave Rm 611, New York, NY
Dr. Julie A Foont is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.