Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Julie K Gammack
Dr. Julie K Gammack, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Gammack is affiliated with Des Peres Hospital and St Louis University Hospital. Dr. Gammack has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Julie K Gammack has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Julie K Gammack has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Dr. Julie K Gammack is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
The doctor is competent and caring.The office staff is unconcerned and just short of incompetent. They chat on the phone while you are waiting to schedule an appointment and do not record an appointment accurately so if you call to confirm you are not even on the schedule and must wait for another 3-4 months to get in.It is a shame the ratings lump clinic staff in with the doctor's expertise. These are two different things. The doctor is great!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Gammack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1996
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Julie K Gammack accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Locations & DirectionsST LOUIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 1402 S Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie K Gammack, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Saint Louis, MO, in this video.
Dr. Julie K Gammack is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.