Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julie Martin
Dr. Julie Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA, with other offices in Baton Rouge, LA and Prairieville, LA (and 1 other location). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Womans Hospital and Pho. She speaks English.
Dr. Julie Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I went to my first OB/GYN for 32 years. When he retired it was very hard, because i loved him dearly. I was then faced to find another Dr that i could be comfortable with. Well i definetly have found her. Dr. Martin is amazing. From the first time she walked in to the room, i knew she was special. She is like your best friend that u can talk to with your most personal business. I thank my nurse of 32 years that recomended her.
Dr. Martin is an exceptional doctor. I just moved to the Baton Rouge area and was so worried about finding a new doctor. I absolutely love her! I always get very nervous and she made me feel at ease as soon as she walked into the room. She is young and very easy to talk to. She will definitely be my permanent doctor!
I had a bad IUD insertion with a gynecologist in Florida and I was terrified to have it removed. I went to Dr. Martin for the removal and I was shaking and crying. She was very gentle and understanding and made sure I was comfortable. I ended up having to be put under IV sedation for the removal, but there was not one second I was in that office and uncomfortable. The wait time was less than five minutes for both appointments and her staff is absolutely fantastic. She also was very personable and made sure I could understand what was going on in my body without using big and confusing words. She's definitely going to be my permanent gynecologist.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Main Facility - Thedacare
Appleton Medical Center & Theda Clark Medical Center
Holy Family Memorial
Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
12 Years Experience
University of Wisconsin at Madison
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Julie Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie Martin in this video.
Dr. Julie Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.