Dr. Julie Hodge Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie Hodge?

Very Unprofessional Office Staff

Posted on February 2nd, 2017

Dr Hodge's staff was extremely unprofessional. While sitting in the waiting room, we were all able to hear them discussing the details of procedures performed on other patients. Very unprofessional!!

UNETHICAL

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

UNETHICAL! They made my appointment and never mentioned a consultation fee. You’ll find out later it’s because there isn’t one. They got all my info asked for my insurance card called the insurance in front of me and I knew something was weird as she was being vague to the person on the other end asking about what the visit was pertaining to I have known that med spas do this sort of thing all the time. They use insurance companies to get money for services they didn’t render. The patient never knows about it unless they later get a bill for the balance of the service. They got me in and again, never mentioned a fee. They waited until I had been seen and ready to leave to tell me there was a deductible. A deductible for what I said? She said it was a consultation fee. I told her that they never mentioned this on the phone nor did she attempt to take this on the way in like most legitimate doctors do. Why wait until AFTER the visit? All she kept saying was sorry but you owe it. If you don’t pay it, we’ll bill you. It did not matter how much I argued the unethical practice, I paid and left. This place takes your insurance (if you have it) and bills the insurance for a doctor’s visit knowing it’s not a real doctors visit for a legitimate medical concern. They’re a med spa that does cosmetic work for goodness sake. They know that isn’t covered by insurance. They take your information and insurance card so they can later bill the insurance company for a doctor’s visit then try to squeeze a deductible from their patients without their knowledge. Since they now have all your information and you gave them your card, they can bill you legitimately. I am going to report them not only to my insurance but to all other outlets for their shady business practices. It isn’t even about the money, it’s about the unethical practices. People should be told in advance otherwise I guarantee, most wouldn’t show. The doctor spoke to me for all of 2 minutes so to have to pay anything is ridiculous.

Great to have my eyelids normal again!!

Posted on July 24th, 2013

I am so grateful to Dr. Julie Hodge. I have suffered with eyelids pealing and being red for about 5 years. I was told by an eye doctor to throw all my eye make up away and start over. I tried doing that and it did not work. I went to Dr. Hodge and she told me I had eyelid dermatitis. She gave me prescription and within a couple of weeks my eyelids are back to normal and I can wear eye shadow once again. I am so happy. Thank you Dr. Julie Hodge.

She saved me...my self esteem and all the happiness! Best Dr. EVER

Posted on July 25th, 2012

Dr. Hodge is nothing short of amazing. Before seeing her, I had seen 4 other doctors for my Chronic and very intense Eczema flares. My arms and legs started looking deformed from the flares; pustules, seeping, scratches, dark marks, and open wounds! I looked like a homeless person. I wasn't sleeping due to itching and scratching myself awake all night. I was absolutely miserable. (Side note, I was taking Microbiology and just learned about the Immune system and how it works. I made a small discovery that Dr. Hodge mentioned..and it is that one detail that saved me!!)I saw Dr. Hodge and she was very kind. Her staff was nice and very elaborate. I was a little defensive because I was worried she'd be like everyone else and walk in the room, write a prescription, then leave. Instead, she sat down, went over my history, and actually talked to me and got to know how badly I had been suffering (for 2 years!) She finally prescribed Anti-Histamines to me! The thing is, Eczema is also an Allergic reaction. My body was creating Histamines as part of the Immune response and she is the ONLY doctor out of a total of 5 that recognized this! (That's what I also learned in my class!!) Basically, my suffering ended in 1 day. My skin looks amazing. I feel great, and I finally have HOPE that I can now control my allergic reactions. I spent so much money listening to other doctors, and trying all of these expensive drugs...but at least it lead me to the right one. She is now my personal Derm, my family's derm, and my future children's derm because she has taken away my agonizing condition. In all sincerity she is the best doctor I've had the pleasure of meeting. :)

Great Doctor! Caring & Accomodating

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Their office staff was awesome! They fit me in the same day within 2 hours and the doctor easily diagnosed my problem. I needed some Aquaphor for a bad facial hair waxing. They gave me 20% off my first office visit. Then, they gave me a free sample of Aquaphor so I wouldn't have to buy it. Dr. Hodge is very caring and obviously has a great "bedside manner." I will be going back for sure.

Uncertain of skill and knowledge

Posted on April 7th, 2011

Dr. Hodge's interaction with me has always left me uneasy about her competency. I have had many treatments for both basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma, including a couple of Mohs procedures. I have some scars as a result and I'm not sure whether it could have been done better. After several years being treated by Dr. Hodge I have decided to seek a new dermatologist.

Posted on September 1st, 2010

Doctor Hodge did a great job on removing a skin cancer I had and it never returned. However I had another skin problem which ended up costing me thousands of dollars and was never resolved. It turned out she did diagnose it right to begin with but did not give me a high enough dose of the medicine to cure it. So she tried several different things did lab test nothing worked. I kept getting worse. I when on like this for almost a year believing in her ability to help me. It got so bad and it had cost me way to much time and MONEY, so I decided to change doctors and get another opinion. The new doctor diagnosed me after doing some lab work with the 1st visit. The 2nd visit was to check me out and tell me I was cured. The whole routine and visits with the 2nd doctor cost me under $300 and most importantly cured me of the torture I was going through. He told me the reason the medicine didn't work that Dr. Hodge gave me was because it was not a strong enough dose. I am so glad I switched doctors and wish I would have sooner.I must say Dr. Hodge is very personable and I felt very comfortable with her. I was just very disappointed in the results I had with her with the skin condition I had.

Really liked her

Posted on April 29th, 2010

I had been to 2 other dermatologists and tried Dr. Hodge on a friend's recommendation. A basal cell spot on my face had been scraped 3 times by a former doctor and Dr. Hodge correctly noted that the spot was continuing to grow and had never been completely removed. A Moh's procedure took care of it once and for all. She took lots of time to explain the procedure to me and was caring in all regards. I continue to use her as my skin care doctor with great satisfaction.

Posted on August 30th, 2017