More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie M Kowacz has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Compression Fractures
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Child Development
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Julie is now the Dr for our entire family & is the best you'll find. We travel quite a way just to be seen by her. I've taken my kids for appts and end up with flu shots or antibiotics myself because she didn't like the way I sounded, or it was that time of year (flu shots). She always listens and asks great questions to get to root causes or deeper issues. She is brilliant quite honestly. The only negative I have is that you have to get to her to be seen or you run the risk of beyond subpar care. She used to have a phenomenal nurse, Kathy, who was her right hand & would bend over backwards to help you when needed. Now I cannot tell you how many times nurses have read the MyHealth emails and blown it completely, forgotten to tell Julie an important message, or didn't notate something in the files. And never ever see the PA's!!! Can't speak to all the other docs now that Dr Haskin left. All I know is I'd rather wait to see Julie than be seen by anyone else & she's even said as much to us - only her. She has actually come and stolen us from a PA before, which is awesome. Truly trust her and she's also nice - if that matters. I'd personally prefer someone who is knowledgeable and investigates rather than sunshine and roses. Thankfully with her we get both!
13 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Julie M Kowacz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie M Kowacz in this video.
Dr. Julie M Kowacz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockford, MI.