Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Lewis has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I came into the ER at Advocate Bromenn Hospital with a migraine with hemiplegia. Dr Lewis was rude immediately. She half-way did a neuro check on me. She said my symptoms didn't make sense because I had feeling in my arms and legs. I just presented with weakness. She ordered medications that I take at home. Obviously those didn't work. I wouldn't have gone to the ER if they had. She seemed annoyed when I said I still had severe head pain. My sister and I told her the medicines that usually help me. She, then said I was drug-seeking. I had to listen to her tell me how she knows everything about hemiplegia migraines , which she clearly does not. I asked her to contact my neurologist(s), and she would not. She was extremely prideful and condescending. She is passive aggressive, and has no compassion. Because my sister was not backing down. She finally gave me the meds I needed to function to some degree. One of those meds is an opioid. Therefore, she labeled me a drug seeker, which I certainly am not! On my discharge summary papers, she diagnosed me with"complex migraine with hemiplegia AND drug-seeking behavior even though she gave the medicine and passive aggressively thanked us for helping her understand my condition. It's safe to say she thinks she's pretty wonderful. She's not.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Julie A Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJulie Lewis Md, 1200 Franklin Ave, Normal, IL
Dr. Julie A Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Normal, IL.