Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie Neely has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
If you are sick and/or injured and are looking for a diagnosis, then you may want to consider going to a different doctor. I left my appointment knowing just as much as I knew when I was going in. Her diagnosis was "it could be this or it could be that", and she never did any tests to confirm anything that she had told me. When I asked more questions about her idea of what was going on, she got on the defense. I am a pre-medical student, so I know enough about the field to know that she should have done more than what was done. She was not very courteous, and seemed to want to get me out of her examining room as quick as possible. I felt like she did not listen to my story and what was going on. She took a few notes, but did not take any time to put them all together to look at the big picture. Overall, my experience was horrible and I will be visiting another doctor in town for a more accurate diagnosis. I am not one who normally writes reviews, but when I initially googled her prior to my appointment, I could not find anything about her other than her schooling. I wish I had a review to read beforehand because I would not have even wasted my time going to her.
25 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
De Paul Hospital
Dr. Julie Neely accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSchiffert Health Center, 208 Mccomas Hall, Blacksburg, VA
Dr. Julie Neely is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blacksburg, VA.