Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Julie R Sierra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Julie R Sierra has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Julie R Sierra has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 3
I went to see Dr. Julie Sierra for a case of Shingles that was just beginning to surface. She accurately diagnosed the condition and wrote me a prescription for Valtrex. When I went to the pharmacy they said that my insurance wanted me to try acyclovir or Zovirax before the Valtrex and that they had called back to the Dr. Later in the afternoon I called Dr. Julie Sierra's office to see if there was any progress and to explain what was happening. They told me that she had left for the day and that they would inform her first thing in the morning. To make a long story short, for three long days I called Dr. Julie Sierra's office asking for a call back or if they would simply issue the new prescription. The staff was rude and uncaring and NEVER did I hear back from Dr. Julie Sierra. I had to go to an emergency clinic because my condition had worsened so severely because Dr. Julie Sierra's office would not help me.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
16 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Julie R Sierra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsSan Ysidro Health Center, 4004 Beyer Blvd, San Ysidro, CA
Dr. Julie R Sierra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ysidro, CA.