Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie Son has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 6
When I first started seeing her you could get in and out quickly, she spent time and explained things and was generally a service oriented care giver. Over the years, all that seems to have gone out the window. Wait times are longer and longer, hard to get appointments (she doesn't have apts certain days and times), tried for weeks to get results of tests only to get a letter in the mail telling me to make an apt because the results were concerning... and when I did, she was on vacation for weeks. went rounds with insurance company after tests because her staff didn't get preauthorization ... even though they assured me I didn't need it when I specifically asked. Sorry, can't recommend any more... but once upon a time she was much better.
Dr. Son is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Sharp Memorial Hospital
25 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Julie Son accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions7930 Frost St, San Diego, CA
Dr. Julie Son is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.