Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Julie L Vails
Julie L Vails is a Doctor primarily located in Storm Lake, IA. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 13
This Dr. saw my newborn son when he was still in the hospital the day after he was born. She examined because she was going to be our pediatrician until she made this comment. My Husband was in my hospital room with us.. "Your son has large testicles, I wonder who he gets those from" She said it with such enthusiasm. We were horrified.. stunned.. and needless to say we switched pediatricians. This is not the unprofessionalism we want around our family... another wards keep those types of observations to yourself.
I went to Dr. Vails on Thursday for the first time during their "new patient interview" time between 4-6pm everyday. I recently moved to the area, and after having to go to urgent care for the last year because I changed insurance companies and hadn't chosen a new doctor, I was very excited about finally getting a doctor in town. After being "interviewed" by the office manager, which comprised of name, address, age and currents health issues, I was told that I would not be taken on as a new patient. I was told, and I quote, "Dr. Vail only accepts healthy young adults." I was confused by this because if I was completely healthy, why would I be going to the doctors? I was informed that because I had been in a car accident that I would require a lot of follow up, not something Dr. Vail likes to do, not to mention I have "chronic pain" and she does not prescribe pain medicine. I, again, was confused because her credentials say she attended UCSF Med School, which I thought was a pretty good school. I am very hurt and disappointed, and have been informed that Dr. Vail is actually not legally allowed to turn away patients when she is currently accepting new patients.I will be filling a complaint with the California medical board for my inappropriate and unfair treatment.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1322 Shoreway Rd, Storm Lake, IA
Take a minute to learn about Julie L Vails in this video.
Julie L Vails is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Storm Lake, IA.