Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julie A Welischar
Dr. Julie A Welischar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Welischar is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital and John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Welischar has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Julie A Welischar has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Julie A Welischar has the following 33 expertise
- Child Birth
- Genital Warts
- Insulin Resistance
- Urination Disorders
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Pain
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pregnancy Complications
- Prenatal Care
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Julie A Welischar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 43
I never liked any of my OBGYNs when we moved to LI so I kept switching . I always felt like a number and not a woman especially with male Doctors. When my daughter in law told me about Dr Welischar I went and was thrilled. She's a wonderful Dr. She's professional, friendly , honest and I highly recommend her. I'm not switching again. It's good to have a dr you can depend on .
She is absolutely the best! She was one of my docs from the stonybrookgynob.com practice and she was also there for me through half of my 32 hr labor. She was very calm and never pushed pitocin on me which I love. During appointments she is very friendly and thorough. She doesnt believe in checking for dilation and doesnt do it as a routine, which is another reason I love her. She wont push an induction as her and dr porte from that office say to wait until 41-42 weeks. They will strip your memberanes if you ask by 40 weeks but that isnt considered inducing. Overall, she is wonderful. I highly recommend her. There are staff members who I dont like including one of the nurses who once made a snide grunt at something I said and also one of the nurse practioners who I will never see.
She was covering when my regular ob was off . I went into labor and she was quite rough when she checked me. To which she replied "sorry about that Roto-Rooter." Um, what? Nasty, awful woman. Stay away, stay far, FAR away.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Welischar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1999
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Julie A Welischar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStony Brook Gynecology & Obstetrics Pc, 200 Main St Ste 2, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julie A Welischar in this video.
Dr. Julie A Welischar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.