Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juliet A Coquia has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Juliet A Coquia has the following 9 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Juliet A Coquia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Coquia is very friendly, concerned and attentive to my concerns. She spends a lot of time answering my questions and explaining her treatment plan for me. She, or her nurse always responds to my phone calls promptly. I have been completely satisfied with all my interactions with her over the past two and a half years.
This doctor is covering for my regular doc. She dismissed me thinking I was a drug addict and refused to write my refill. Im in very intense physical therapy for a very painfully condition. But she never even asked me why I might need more meds. She is terrible at practicing medicine and terrible with patient care. See a different doc.
I saw Dr. Coquia for over 4 years and she diagonosed me with Sjogren's Syn. (Secondary) which means I have rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. She was too free giving on Rx that did not work, nothing she ever gave me other than Prednisone worked for my pain. She failed to disclose that Prednisone was a steroid and that would cause me to gained weight (I already weighed 220 lbs). She does not provide you with information about Rx. I stopped taking the generic form of Plaqulinal, and she did not disclose that, by doing so, it would flare up my dormant lupus.
20 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1998
Jersey Shore Medical Center
Dr. Juliet A Coquia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Juliet A Coquia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.