Dr. Juliette Nwachukwuu Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Juliette Nwachukwuu?

Don't Go There

Posted on June 5th, 2016

I wouldn't go see her people like to say how great she is but she's lazy, doesn't listen to you, and misdoses you! You're better off seeing your regular doctor than her. She severely misdosed me and it's cost me a lot health wise and emotionally!

Great Doctor!

Posted on April 25th, 2016

I am so surprised to see all of these negative reviews of Dr. Nwachukwu and her staff. I had such a bad experience at my first endocrinologist and when I moved over to this practice I had a great experience. The front office staff was extremely friendly and prompt and the wait time was practically nothing. All the times I have interacted with Dr. Nwachukwu I have found her to be friendly and informative. She explains why she is doing certain procedures and what she is looking is for. When going over test results she explains them in a way that you can understand so if you see something on there that might be scary, she is able to ease your concerns. I feel for the people that have had poor experiences, but I would recommend this doctor to anybody!

Almost ended up in the ER because of her.

Posted on February 21st, 2016

She switched my medication from one to another, a medication which I told her I had issues with in the past, essentially cutting my dosing in 1/2 without me realizing it. Ended up so ill and out of work. In just over a month my TSH shot up over 17 and I wasn't to see her for another few months. Went to my primary because I felt like I was close to needing to go to the ER and they found out that she incorrectly dosed me. Wouldn't let me explain my history to her and she kept interrupting me. Spent more time going over how to pronounce her name than how to help me. If you have thyroid issues with hormone conversion problems you need to look outside the box for treatment, which she refused to do, treating based on numbers (which can vary for each individual and even though in range you may not be well) and not how you feel. So glad I never went back to her.

Never again! BEWARE of this doctor

Posted on June 21st, 2015

I went to this Dr Nwachukwu a few years ago and she berated me so horrifically that I still bear the emotional scars. She made me cry, told me that my questions were wasting her time and gave no hope, instead told me that my sugar numbers were causing my blood vessels to experience symptoms akin to shards of glass lacerating them! I actually read that same terminology in an article that was not professionally written. Reading these other reviews has helped me to see that I shouldn't have taken her tirade personally. I was afraid to see her again and her PA adjusted my meds, which helped tremendously. I explained that I would not put myself through her abusive manner again however I needed help right away. She was very kind and almost apologetic. My internist and I work together and I feel confident in her care. Living with diabetes is hard enough and sometimes very sad. We don't need to be treated like idiots or second class citizens!

BAD

Posted on December 29th, 2014

I can't say anything good. Just stay away. Thinks she knows everything and will talk like you are in school or something. She and other Endocrinologists need alot of manners on how to talk to people. I have been to 4 or 5 different one's and run into the same thing. I am leaving her office and don't know where to turn to next. Wonder why I see so many bad write up on these type of Doctors.. I think they better start doing something quick on how they do things.

Posted on October 13th, 2014

the doctor and her staff take the time to make sure the needs I have are well taken care of. they are very through and do not sugar coat it as diabetes is a serious illness if left untreated I commend her and her staff highly and wish more doctors offices follow her lead. Thank you

dissappointed

Posted on April 26th, 2013

I, too, visited this doctor recently. She went on and on about medical explanations of varying topics just barely related to my visit, but not always applicable. After the first 5 minutes of one of her lengthy 'lectures', I sat there thinking to myself - she is reciting something she has memorized. It sounded just like something rehearsed and stated deliberately to impress me. Unfortunately, it did the opposite. I lost confidence in her because she did not seem to be focusing on my situation, just her need to be heard. I agree with one of the reviewers, she may have a "chip on her shoulders" either that or she is trying to prove something. I do not know it is is to herself or to her patients. I have very little confidence in her ability to diagnosis.

EXTREMLEY POOR MANNERS!!!

Posted on September 14th, 2012

EXTREMLEY POOR MANNERS!!!I have been going to Dr. Joy Nwachukwu for more than two years. Every time I left her office I was furious with the poor treatment received by staff and doctor. My wife has told me each time to seek a new endocrinologist for the exact same reasons as the first two people gave in their very poor reviews of Dr. Nwachukwu. The third review that gave her a rating of 4 out of 4 stars is totally out of line with my experiences and must be a paid member of the staff or the doctor herself. My rating would be closer to 1 out of 4 and even that seems awful high. Be warned to stay clear of this doctor and the R&B medical group as the staff represents everyone associated with this office including the other doctors in this group. I am now in the process of seeking a new endocrinologist as my heart, blood pressure and marriage can not take another visit to this office. In a nutshell extremely poor manners for the staff and doctor!

Great Caring Doctor!

Posted on May 30th, 2012

Dr. Nwachukwuu is a great doctor. She thoroughly explains my blood test results, what each number means and reasons for any medication changes. I was floored when I read a bad review about her because my experience with her has been great. She explains things in a way that I can understand each and every time I go there. She takes her time with me and answers all my questions. If I wait to see her, it's never long. I'm in and out in an hour. I highly recommend!

Posted on July 11th, 2011

Staff is horrible. Very rude and not friendly. I was yelled at. I've had their staff hang up on me multiple times. They cut me off mid question assuming they know what I'm going to ask, and then only get more aggravated when I try to ask it and it turns out different than they thought. Very unprofessional and I would recommend staying far far away.

Posted on May 25th, 2011

This doctor is intelligent but extremely arrogant and condescending. In fact, I have been her patient for several years and I am so fed up with her arrogance that I am finding a new endocrinologist. This doctor has SEVERE underlying issues.....she has an axe to grind for sure. Her issues of being a black female interrupted 2 of my office visits whereby she mentioned the color of her skin when describing the likelihood of vitamin d deficiency in various skin colors. She told me that her skin color "that she loves and cherishes and wouldn't change for any reason even if she could" is more prone to cause vitamin d deficiency. I couldn't believe how she allowed her issues to creep into my office visit. I do not mind the concept of understanding vitamin d deficiency in various shades of skin color, however I do mind the unprofessional emotional vomit that was being spewed at me during my office visit. Furthermore, the doctor speaks to me with condescension should I ask any question during the visit. I learned my lesson twice as I was harshly belittled for not following her unspoken rule against asking questions. This doctor does not speak in a way that most people can understand. Lucky for me, I also have a doctorate in a medical related field and I can understand Dr. Nwatchukwu, but I guarantee less than 15% of her patients would understand her advanced use of vocabulary and medical jargon. AND the lack of empathy bestowed upon me on several occasions is absolutely astounding.

Posted on November 30th, 2017