Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julio R Bravo has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 25
This doctor could care less about his patients. You get 15 mins..If your condition changes or you have a new problem he just looks at you and offers no solution. He never reviews your last visit or lab work. He tells you he is giving you a new pain prescription without checking interactions with other medications you are taking. When asking him for blood work to check ra factors or cpt.. he said he only goes by sed.rate blood work.He is lazy and burned out..and you are just another $300.00 in his pocket..He never post his Dr. ..notes on my chart..I encourage you to seek treatment elsewhere..
I have been to Dr Bravo, however it's been several years. I have severe Osteoporosis, I had been going to a Endocinologyist in the past for this, however, now he went to the veterans association. Since I was Dr Bravo's patient in the past and had a lot of respect for him, I wanted to see if he also treated Osteoporosis?
I drove over 70 miles to see this doctor. It was my first - and last-visit. Perhaps it was a bad day for him, but he never examined me in any shape, form, or fashion. He read the reports my FNP had sent and the information I had sent. He re-ordered a blood test I had had 2 months earlier and prescribed Requip for my RLS. He asked me no questions about my conditions, offered no advice, nothing! I walked out in disbelief that I had traveled that far for so little care and concern. It was even worse when I got the bill....$400 for an office visit where he spent maybe 15 min. Another $233 for the blood work that wasn't necessary. A waste of time and money!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Julio R Bravo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Julio R Bravo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.