The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julio Menendez MD
Dr. Julio Menendez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Valdosta, GA, with another office in Spring Hill, FL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery, Hospitalist and Family Medicine. Dr. Menendez is affiliated with Oak Hill Hospital, South Miami Hospital Inc and Leesburg Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Julio Menendez has 2 locations
Dr. Julio Menendez has the following 3 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Julio Menendez has the following 4 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Showing 1 of 1
you are the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julio Menendez - Posted on August 28th, 2010
Dr. Menendez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oak Hill Hospital
South Miami Hospital Inc
Leesburg Regional Medical Center
Baptist Hospital Of Miami Inc
Brooksville Regional Hospital
Spring Hill Regional Hospital
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Pasco Regional Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Instituto Superior De Ciencias Medicas De La Habana
Graduated in 1986
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julio Menendez, MD - General Surgery in Valdosta, GA, in this video.
Dr. Julio Menendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valdosta, GA.