Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julio A Leey-Casella has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Leey totally turned my life around. I am a diabetic and overweight. My primary doctor never actually bothered to tell me that I am a diabetic, I saw it written on my summary online, I made an appointment and asked him about it, he said he just thought I already knew...yet, he never bothered to treat the disease. Dr. Leey has coached me and helped me start to change my A1C levels, he gave me the right combination of medicine that seems to be working and he has helped figure out how to eat right. I have lost some weight and my numbers are leveling out. He has moved his practice to Florida and I will truly miss him. If you live in an area where he practices and are looking for an endocrinologist, this is the guy!
10 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
University Of Louisville
Dr. Julio A Leey-Casella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Shands Childrens Hospital, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Julio A Leey-Casella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.