The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julio A Lemos MD
Dr. Julio A Lemos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plattsburgh, NY, with other offices in Burlington, VT and Plattsburgh, NY (and 2 other locations). His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Lemos is affiliated with The University of Vermont Health Network Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Julio A Lemos has 5 locations
111 Colchester Ave
Burlington, VT 05401
75 Beekman St
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
75 Beekman St Fl 2
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
16 Degrandpre Way Ste 600
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Book Online Now
Dr. Julio A Lemos has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Julio A Lemos has the following 5 expertise
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julio A Lemos - Posted on November 3rd, 2012
I shadowed Dr. Lemos and he has changed my goals in life. His bedside manner is outstanding; some of the best I have ever seen and I have been working in the medical field for 3 years. He is so knowledgable in his area of expertise. He does all he can to get his patients the best care they can recieve and as fast as possible. I would reccomend for anyone!
Dr. Lemos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Julio A Lemos Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Julio A Lemos is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Plattsburgh, NY.