Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julio R Rivera
Dr. Julio R Rivera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grapevine, TX, with another office in Irving, TX. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Rivera is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving. Dr. Rivera has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Julio R Rivera has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Rivera and his staff are exceptional at understanding and caring for patients. He used the arthroscopic robotic procedure to remove a large inguinal hernia. I was fully prepared for everything except the quick, relatively painless recovery. I was walking the day after and back to normal stress-less activities by day 3. Great surgeon, great practice.
If you are thinking about any kind of weight loss surgery Dr. Julio Rivera is the doctor you need to see. From helping me choose the right procedure, through post operative care he and his expert team were fantastic. The degree of professionalism I encountered throughout the whole process was stunning. By following the instructions of Dr. Rivera and his staff my procedure was flawless and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
This is a wonderful doctor ... patient and very precise with explaining the procedue he will be performing on you . He repaired a umbilical hernia that I had due to having a baby . i was very afraid due to this being my first surgery every he truly made this experience a good experience for me and I would refer him to any one that has to undergo this procedure. Also he communicated with me and my family very well and made all of us very comfortable with this procedure ..
Dr. Rivera is a wonderful doctor. He took the time to go over exactly what procedure I needed. I've known of surgeons who perform the procedure, then that's it. He listens, you don't feel rushed and found found him 1,000% professional! Hopefully I'll never need another surgery but if so. Then he's definitely my doc! Thank you Dr. Rivera for treating me with the utmost respect.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Rivera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Julio R Rivera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julio R Rivera in this video.
Dr. Julio R Rivera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grapevine, TX.