Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Julius Deren
Dr. Julius Deren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. Deren is affiliated with Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System, Hospital of the University of PA and University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian. He speaks English.
Dr. Julius Deren has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Julius Deren has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Pernicious Anemia
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Julius Deren has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Julius Deren is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
He is a very caring doctor and very intelligent. After almost 2 years of bleeding and gone through 2 other doctors he had me under control in a little over a month. Not afraid to try things. He is very informative and spends the time needed with the patients. I have a lot of confidence and high respect for this man. I would refer anyone to him. The best!
Dr. Deren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Hospital of the University of PA
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - UPHS
University Of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Presbyterian Medical Center Of The University Of Pennsylvania Health System
55 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1958
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Julius Deren, MD - Gastroenterology in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Julius Deren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.